ngay_dang 07/12/2018 loaitin English

HOW TO GET VIET NAM WORK PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS –  If you are a foreigner living and working in Vietnam for more than 3 months must have Work Permit according to Vietnam law. The foreigner who works in Vietnam without the work permit or certificate of eligibility for exemption from the work permit as regulated in Decree 11/2016 shall be expelled in accordance with the Vietnam law. Besides, the company that foreigner’s working for will face charging up to 75 million VND.


I. Conditions to be issued Work Permit:


To be issued Vietnam Work Permit, you have to satisfy the following conditions:


- You’re capable of performing civil acts as prescribed by law;

- Your health is suitable for your job;

- You’re not a criminal or liable to criminal prosecution according to Vietnamese law and your home country’s law;

- You're approved in writing by the authoritative state office about demand for the foreign workers;

- Be a manager, executive officer, expert or technician. If you provide medical examinations, medical treatment or work in educational and vocational training, you must meet the particular conditions for these services as prescribed by Vietnamese law.


In accordance with those conditions above, the foreigner would be issued Work Permit for 4 positions: Managers, Chief Executive Officers, Experts, and Technicians.


                                                                            How to get Vietnam Work Permit for foreigners


II. What paperwork will you need to apply for a work permit in Vietnam?


An application for the work permit consists of:


1. The written request for the work permit made by the employer in accordance with regulations of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs in Vietnam.

2. The health certificate or report on medical examination which is issued by the foreign or Vietnamese authorized health organizations or agencies and takes effect within 12 months from the signing date of conclusion of health status to the date of application.

3. The criminal record or written certification that the foreign worker is not a criminal or liable to criminal prosecution issued by the foreign competent authority. If the foreign worker is a lawful resident in Vietnam, only the criminal record issued by the Vietnamese competent authority is required.

The criminal record or written certification that the foreign worker is not a criminal or liable to criminal prosecution must be issued within 06 months prior to the submission of the application.

4. The written certification that the worker is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician

5. 02 color pictures (4cm x 6cm, white background, frontal face, bareheaded and no colorful glasses) that are taken within 06 months ahead of the date of application.

6. Certified copy of passport or a substitute for passport or other license for international travel which is unexpired in accordance with the law.


What paper do you need to provide to prove that you are a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician according to clause 4?


- Managers/ Chief Executive Officers: Documents certifying that the foreign worker has worked as a Manager or Chief Executive Officer.

- Experts: You need to provide either of the following:

+ A certificate of specialist which specifies the name of certificate issuer; specialist information including name, date of birth, nationality and major relevant to job position expected to be taken in Vietnam;

+ Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher qualifications provided that he/she has worked at least 03 years in his/her training field in corresponding with the job position that he/she shall be appointed in Vietnam.

- Technicians: Certificates or documents certifying that such foreign worker has been trained for at least 01 year in major which relevant to the job(s)he is expected to take in Vietnam and Documents certifying that the foreign worker has at least 03 years of experience in relevant majors.

If the above-mentioned documents are issued by foreign authorities, they must be applied for the consular legalization


III. Difficulties you will meet with when conducting procedures to apply for Work Permit


At first, the employer shall submit a written explanation about demand for utilization of foreign workers to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs at least 30 days ahead of the expected date of recruitment. If the employer can not explain their demand well (because of inexperience), the Ministry of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall reject the employer’s demand.


Besides, legalization is one of the most difficult steps to make abroad documents be lawful to use in Vietnam and the procedure depends on each nation. That’s why the employer and foreigner employee need an experienced law firm to check the dossier and conduct procedures well. We can check if the document was lawful or not and guide you to complete this task.


IV. Task of PazPus:


Customers use providing issuance of work permit service of PazPus, we have the following responsibilities:

-    Give customers consultation about regulations and prepare necessary documents, paper.

-    Draft text, form and prepare to complete dossier for customers.

-    Represent customers to submit the dossier and work with the authorities.

-    Deal with problems that arise during procedures (if) and support customers related works.

All tasks would be conducted until customers receive Work Permit.

By experience, capacity and professional skill, PazPus shall deserve to be a trustworthy partner and be leading choice for you.


Nếu bạn cảm thấy khó khăn và có nhiều điều chưa rõ . Hãy liên hệ với chúng tôi để được giải đáp và tư vấn miễn phí.

Sử dụng Dịch vụ tại Pazpus, yêu cầu của Quý khách hàng sẽ được đảm bảo trên cơ sở pháp lý vững chắc!.

Gọi cho chúng tôi !


Xin cảm ơn!.